Backstage Pass KL: Community Building by Design
Design thinking is a human-centred approach to problem solving, and when it comes to building communities, this particular approach will be particular fitting, for what can be more human than community? In our 12th session of Backstage Pass, we draw on the toolkit of a designer to explore integrating the needs of people with technology to address the challenges of community building.
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. We're in our 12th session!
Direction: Walk down from Lorong Riong. When you reach the cross road, go straight and Art Printing Works, APW (the building next to NSTP) will be on your right. At the entrance,you will see Pulp cafe on your left and Khoon Hooi boutique ahead of you. Walks towards the boutique into the building and Turn Right. Walk a little further in and you'll see a staircase leading up to the first floor where you can find the space, Uppercase. (https://g.co/kgs/y45TSf)
What does your ticket cover?
3. Pixie Cigar, Community Builders Union
Uppercase is a collaborative workspace located within a repurposed commercial printing factory in Bangsar. In fact, this printing heritage is how we got our name. We make our home in the loft of the 64-year-old factory – a 6000 sq. ft. open space with an eclectic aesthetic that combines repurposed wood, concrete, and steel. With plenty of natural light and indoor plants, it’s a creative space designed to inspire and help you focus. Join us as we reimagine perspectives and transform the way we work.
1. FREE Coworking Day Pass. Valid for 17 October 2018 only. One pass per RSV-Pea ticket holder based on a first come first serve basis.
2. 30% discount for meeting rooms / event space at Uppercase. Valid till 30 Dec 2018.
- For Debit Card users: http://help.peatix.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2388149--for-users-in-malaysia-paypal-faqs
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend? Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meetother organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of RM30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Vegetarian food? Yes! Please let us know in advance.
- Why isn't the eventfree? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $35.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The community team at Peatix Malaysia.
- More questions? Contact email@example.com
- The event description was updated. Diff#379654 2018-10-17 09:32:37
6:45 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
- Uppercase, Art Printing Works (APW), Bangsar
RSV-Pea (I Feel Lucky!) SOLD OUT RM12.00 RSV-Pea (Early Bird) SOLD OUT RM19.00 RSV-Pea (Standard) SOLD OUT RM25.00 Friendship Price (min 2 to purchase) SOLD OUT RM19.00 *Free Co-working Day Pass
(Valid for 17 Oct only,
RSVPea ticket holders only)
- Venue Address
- 29, Jalan Riong, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Malaysia
Peatix Malaysia676 Followers